You can take steps that may lower your chances of getting prostate cancer*.
Eat more low-fat, high-fiber foods, or foods with omega-3 fatty acids, such as:
* Soy products, like tofu and soy beans.
* Tomatoes and foods that contain tomato sauce.
* Vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage.
* Fish, like salmon, albacore tuna, and sardines.
* Walnuts and flaxseed, and their oils.
Researchers are looking into other things that may help prevent prostate cancer.
* Medicines, such as finasteride or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
* Drinking red wine or green tea.
* Supplements, such as vitamins D and E, and selenium.
*Prostate Cancer - Description
Prostate cancer is the abnormal growth of cells in the tissues of the prostate gland. The prostate gland is a walnut-shaped organ located below a man's bladder that produces fluid for semen.
Experts do not know the exact cause of prostate cancer, but they believe that factors such as age and family history may increase a man's risk for developing the disease. Prostate cancer is more common in men who are older than 50 and is the second most common cause of cancer deaths among men.
Prostate cancer usually does not cause symptoms in the early stages. When symptoms are present, they may include urinary problems such as inability to urinate or incontinence.
Prostate cancer is often curable if it is discovered early. Treatment options include watchful waiting (surveillance), medication, radiation therapy, and surgery.
GeeZone - Massage, Health & Beauty Therapies
For further information on services and products
call/text: +44(0)7931 100 093
GeeZone fanclub - join now for interesting tips, advice & freebies
Join my New Holistic Massage, Health & Beauty FaceBook Page:
Join me on BLOGGERS - advice, blogs, tips & freebies
Join me on Twitter -
FREE CD - Law Of Attraction
Subliminal Audio - Greg Frost - Brain Entrainment
Treat Yourself To A Special Giveaway about The Power of Belief - Alan Tutt
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Astronutrition - Health Supplements
Raw diet foods, tips & recipes
Water For Life