3 Important tips to build muscle faster
3 Important Tips to Build Muscle Faster - Get Lean and Ripped
I struggled for years to gain any significant muscle mass, but over the years in my personal training business and with my own experimentation have found some important things that have helped make significant muscle gains possible even for hard-gainers.
So, I'm going to give 3 important tips here so you can start building lean muscle mass faster and easier.
1. Make sure that 95% of the exercises you perform regularly in the gym are big multi-joint compound exercises. It doesn't matter if your goal is fat loss or building muscle... big multi-joint exercises should comprise 95% of the exercises you do in your workouts if you want to get lean, ripped, and powerful.
It's easiest to think of it in terms of the major movement patterns such as these (focus 95% of your workouts on these):
- upper body horizontal press (bench press, pushups, dips),
- upper body horizontal rows (1-arm dumbbell rows, seated cable rows, bent over barbell rows),
- upper body vertical pull (lat pulldowns, pullups, chinups),
- upper body vertical press (overhead dumbbell and barbell presses, barbell or kettlebell clean & presses)
- lower body squatting movements (front squats, back squats, overhead squats, bodyweight squats, etc)
- -lower body dead-lifting movements (regular dead=lifts, sumo deadlifts, Romanian dead-lifts)
- lower body single leg movements (lunges, step-ups, jump lunges, etc)
- abdominal and core exercises (these are important, but still are 2nd priority after all of the major upper body and lower body multi-joint movements... your abs and core will be worked from most major multi-joint exercises anyway)
2. Train hard and intensely 3-4 days/week for 45-60 minutes per weight training workout. Keep your workouts to no longer than 60 minutes as training too much beyond this point can trigger excess catabolism. You want to stay anabolic, but you still need to train your body hard and intensely enough to trigger muscle growth.
Try a super-set style of workout program to maximize the intensity that you can train. My favorite combinations are opposing upper and lower body movement patterns that don't interfere with each other, such as squats coupled with pullups as a super-set, or bench press coupled with dead-lifts as a super-set.
Don't underestimate the effectiveness of these types of upper/lower body super-sets done with heavy weights and a high intensity. The first time in my life that I experienced significant muscle mass gains were when I started doing these types of workout combos regularly (although still mixing up my training variables).
These are mainstays of almost any effective workout program -- caloric intake can simply be adjusted whether your goal is fat burning or gaining muscle mass.
3. Eat clean with quality whole foods... REAL foods instead of highly processed over-hyped supplement powders and bars.
The quality of protein (and additional nutrition from vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants) are best assimilated by the body from real whole food such as eggs, meats, dairy (preferably raw), fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, etc. instead of from processed protein powders, chemical-laden bars, and meal replacements.
Forget about the hyped up workouts in the muscle mags that only work for pro bodybuilders or people on steroids. Forget about the over-hyped supplement "stacks" that pay the bills for almost every muscle mag... Instead, make these tips in this article part of your lifestyle, and you'll see muscle gains and a leaner, ripped body like you've never seen before!
Mike Geary -
Certified Nutrition Specialist,
Author - Founder - http://TruthAboutAbs.com and http://BusyManFitness.com
* Promotions Courtesy of GeeZone *
|Personal Development - Mind, Body and Spirit ||Osteoarthritis - Lifestyle and Treatment |
Client Consultation Form
Dr/G.P Consent Form |
Skincare & Beauty Offers
Stress and Weight Gain
Tips from Nature
Grow Into Flow - Personal Development - Mind, Body and Spirit _____
Back, Neck and Shoulder Pain
Personal /Life / Health Coaching -
We all need some assistance from time to time to get us through, over or around certain obstacles life throws in our way . . . Personal, Health, Work related matters that may need some guidance to obtain the most positive results.
Geezone want to help you get to the other side
Happy and Satisfied!
Call, Text or Email for appointment and fee:
+44(0) 731 100 093 / email@example.com
Maternity, Toddlers & Babies
Chi Machine Therapy
Infra Red Mineral Lamp Therapy
We have excellent pure sourced, high grade therapeutic essential oil blends mixed for all sorts
of conditions and occasions ranging from
Relaxing to Uplifting to Revitalising to De-stressing
and also Custom blends made up specific to individual conditions and requirements.
For use on all ages except babies under 3 months and expectant mothers -
who only have a few oils suggested for use during these periods.
Customised and Pre-blended oil blends available.
Oils available in 30ml plastic bottles (from £14). Via PayPal.
Call/email for further information.
07931 100 093 / firstname.lastname@example.org
GeeZone also have a selection of high end premium, quality brand named skincare and beauty products for sale.
Call, text or email for queries, further information and appointments.
Foods, Supplements, Herb, Spice, Coffee, Tea,
Aromatherapy, Bath and Body Accessories
Higher Nature - Vitamins,
Supplements & Skincare.
For natural vitality and optimum health,
throughout your life.
Click here for product range
Visivite Nutritional Supplements
for Eye Health
- Food, Books and Mag Online
the fresh network
| || |
Top 6 Stretching Exercises
Stretching is a very important part of fitness and should be included in every workout. When you stretch, you increase your flexibility, which reduces the chance of injury from exercise. Stretching also improves circulation, increases energy levels, and just feels good!
Stretching is the key to any exercise! Without proper stretching, you will never achieve the full benefits of any exercise.
Dave demonstrates six key stretching exercises to help enhance your range of motion and prevent injury.
Courtesy of Active.com
Video: Heal Yourself with Amazing Natural Cures"Herbal Medicine Cabinet"
Click here to watch the video:
Are you tired of relying on prescription drugs to cure your ailments? Make natural remedies a bigger part of keeping you healthy! In this video, one of the world's top herbal authorities gives advice on how to get the most out of natural remedies ranging from aloe vera and ginger to slippery elm and elderberry.
Loose inches in minutes - nutrition and business
Products, information, articles, advice
BOOTS THE CHEMIST
Mannatech Glyconutrients -
Tianshi Health Products -
Eastern Medicine meets Western Technology -
Products & Business opportunity -
Click hereto purchase online - email@example.com)
(please contact me for login details if you want
Forever Living Products -
Premium Aloe Vera and Bee Products -
Purchase online -
Watch informative video click link below
Aloe Vera Juice Aloe Vera Canada
The information provided on this website should not be used as a replacement for medical diagnosis, advice, or treatment. Always discuss any health problem or issues you have with your doctor or health care professional. GeeZone are happy to provide products and services which will help you to improve your health and well being, we do not aim to 'cure' any disease. Under UK law only a medical doctor may 'treat' illness and disease with a medical origin. The information on this listing is for information and educational purposes only.
GeeZone is not responsible for any information or advice given on links from our website. Again, please consult your doctor or health care professional about any medical concerns. Links are primarily provided for further information or products connected with the subject discussed on the page where link's are found.