The Sun Cycle -
(excerpted from the Program for Better Vision)The Sun Cycle will nourish and rest your eyes and help reduce your sensitivity to light.
1. Close your eyes and face toward the sun. (If you cannot face the sun with your eyes closed without squinting or tightening you facial muscles, then begin the Sun Cycle by facing slightly away from the sun so that your face and closed eyes can relax. Then, as you beome more accustomed to the light gradually turn closer and closer towards the sun.
2. Let the sunlight fall on our closed eyes for five seconds.
3. Place your cupped palms over your closed, shutting out all light for five more seconds, then take your hands away, keeping your eyes closed.
4. Repeat steps 1 - 3 ten to twenty times, for a total of three to five minutes.
The Sun Cycle helps to nourish your visual system, exercise the focusing muscles of the eyes and reduce sensitivity to light and glare.
Practice the Sun Cycle regularly. Most people experience a decrease in sensitivity within twenty to thirty days.
To get the light nourishment that your eyes and body need spend at least 30 minutes a day outdoors without glassed or contacts, so that your visual system can receive unfiltered sunlight.
Any glass - window glass, car windshield, eyeglasses or contacts - filter part of the full spectrum of light and reduces the beneficial effects that sunlight have on your eyes and body.
We recommend sunglasses only in situations of glare or reflected light (the beach or ski slopes).
Your eyes most fully rest in total darkness. The best way to rest your eyes is to place your cupped palms over your closed eyes. You can palm for as little as 30 -40 seconds any time that your eyes feel tired or strained. While palming it is also helpful to visualise a pleasant scene in your mind's eye.
Care for your eyes!
President Cambridge Institute for Better Vision
call/text: +44(0)7931 100 093
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
GeeZone fanclub - join now for interesting tips, advice & freebies
Join my New Holistic Massage, Health & Beauty FaceBook Page:
Join me on BLOGGERS - advice, blogs, tips & freebies
Join me on Twitter -
FREE CD - Law Of Attraction
Subliminal Audio - Greg Frost - Brain Entrainment
Treat Yourself To A Special Giveaway about The Power of Belief - Alan Tutt