Taking Care Of Your Skin - Part 1 - Basics and Cleansing...
Taking Care Of Your Skin - Part 2 - Acne
Taking Care Of Your Skin - Part 3 - Massage
Taking Care Of Your Sin - Part 4 - Cream Vs Serum
Taking Care Of Your Skin - Part 5 - Hydration
- Vitamin A - Retinoids, derivatives of vitamin A, are used to treat acne and other skin disorders.
- Retinoids are prescribed by dermatologists both topically and orally.
- A common type of retinoid used in the oral treatment of acne is isotretinoin.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids - Omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil, chromium, zinc, and selenium are nutrients that may have both anti-acne and mood regulating properties according to an acne study conducted at the Lasky Skin Clinic in 2008.
- Zinc - The National Library of Science recognizes that zinc may be effective in the treatment of acne based on available science evidence. The Department of Dermatology at SUNY Downstate Medical Centre in New York also recognizes zinc, along with vitamin A, and tea tree oil (also ayurvedic therapies) as over-the-counter remedies available for treating acne. However, its position on these remedies is that additional and better studies are needed to clarify the benefits.
Essential Vitamins for Skin Care in General
- Vitamin A - According to Dr. Eugene S. Bereston "the therapeutic use of Vitamin A began almost with the discovery of the vitamin." Bereston also noted that the first property of vitamin A is its ability to stimulate growth.The American Academy of Dermatology reports that vitamin A is vital to the health of both your skin and your eyes.The academy recommends a daily dose of vitamin A. Examples of vitamin A enriched foods include citrus fruits, carrots, tomatoes, yellow squash, and pumpkin. Vitamin A can also be applied to the skin topically with creams to promote cell growth. If your vitamin A levels are up to snuff from the foods you eat, adding more probably won't do much more for your skin. That said, if those levels drop even a little below normal, you're likely to see some skin-related symptoms, including a dry, flaky complexion. That's because vitamin A is necessary for the maintenance and repair of skin tissue. Without it, you'll notice the difference. Fruits and vegetables are loaded with vitamin A.
- Topical vitamin A is the form that makes a real difference in your skin. Medical studies show a reduction in lines and wrinkles, good acne control, and some psoriasis relief, all from using creams containing this nutrient. For example, in research presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology in 2003, researchers from France showed that topically applied retinol plus vitamin C demonstrated a "reversal of skin alterations induced by chronologic aging and photoaging."
In another study published in the British Journal of Dermatology, doctors found that foods high in beta-cartotene -- a form of vitamin A -- appeared to reduce the risk of psoriasis.The prescription treatment for acne called Retin-A is derived from vitamin A. The less potent, over-the-counter formulations are sold as retinols and used as anti-aging treatments.
- Vitamin B - The Office of Dietary Supplements at the National Institute of Health states that inflammation of the skin is one sign of B6 deficiency. Clinical signs of vitamin B6 deficiency are rarely seen in the United States. Alcoholics and aging adults are at the highest risk for B6 deficiencies due to poor dietary habits. Vitamin B Complex. When it comes to skin, the single most important B vitamin is biotin, a nutrient that forms the basis of skin, nail, and hair cells. Without adequate amounts, you may end up with dermatitis (an itchy, scaly skin reaction) or sometimes even hair loss. Even a mild deficiency causes symptoms.Most people get enough biotin without even trying. It's found in many foods including bananas, eggs, oatmeal, and rice, plus your body also makes some biotin on its own. But recently, greater attention is being paid to topical preparations containing B vitamins. These creams can help give skin an almost instant healthy glow while hydrating cells and increasing overall tone. Niacin, a specific B vitamin, helps skin retain moisture, so creams containing this nutrient can help your complexion look plumper and younger in as little as six days. Niacin also has anti-inflammatory properties to soothe dry, irritated skin. In higher concentrations it can also work as a lightening agent to even out blotchy skin tone. In one study presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology in 2003, a topical form of vitamin B was shown to dramatically improve aging in human skin.
- Vitamins C and E - The American Academy of Dermatology recommends daily oral dosages of vitamins C and E to protect the body and for its antioxidant properties that are important for healthy skin. Vitamin C repairs, brightens and tones. E can reduce photodamage, wrinkles and improves texture. Vitamin C and E help by reducing the damage caused by free radicals, a harmful byproduct of sunlight, smoke, and pollution. Free radicals gobble up collagen and elastin, the fibers that support skin structure, causing wrinkles and other signs of aging. When these two vitamins are combined in a lotion, they can be highly protective against sun damage.
- Vitamin K - As the nutrient responsible for helping blood clot, Vitamin K won't do much for your skin from the inside. But studies presented to the American Academy of Dermatology in 2003 showed that topical vitamin K works well to reduce circles under the eye as well as bruises. In research published in theJournal of the American Academy of Dermatology in 2002, doctors from the University of Miami School of Medicine found that skin treatments with vitamin K cream after laser surgery significantly reduced bruising. When combined with vitamin A in a cream, vitamin K can be even more effective for those dark circles. In a study published in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, doctors from the Nippon Medical School in Tokyo found that the topical application of a gel containing a derivative of vitamin K, as well as vitamins A, C, and E, was effective in reducing dark under-eye circles while also decreasing wrinkles.
- Zinc - A study conducted at Duke University provides evidence that Zinc is an important antioxidant supporting healthy skin. Among the findings: "Zinc protects against UV radiation, enhances wound healing, contributes to immune and neuropsychiatric functions, and decreases the relative risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease." So, in addition to the antioxidant benefits zinc offers to our skin, zinc is also important for the proper functioning of the immune system.
How Ojon began
All of the Ultrasun products are water-resistant and will carry on protecting you even after repeated swimming, watersports and towel drying with absolutely no need to re-apply during the day. Avoid the sun between 11am and 3pm when it is at its strongest and the risk of skin damage is high. Suitable for all skin types Free from emulsifiers, oils and perfumes, Ultrasun's range reduces any risk of allergic reactions making them ideal for those with sensitive skin. Ultrasun's non-greasy formulation leaves no oily residue so that they are absolutely non-staining and won't dirty your clothes, towels, furniture, upholstery - anything! Perfect under make-up.
* Why is Arctic Face Mist the coolest new skin care from around the world? Because... Artci Face Mist from Iceland has a refreshing and reliving cooling sensation upon application.
- Arctic Face Mist and each of skyn ICELAND's core products contain a natural mint derivative, which creates a refreshing cooling sensation on the skin.
- Aside from transporting you to the cool, clean and calming air in Iceland, the cooling sensation in Arctic Face Mist actually works with the micro-circulation in your skin to decrease redness and irritation. Perfect for sensitive skin and people suffering from Rosacea, acne and dehydration.
Director/Consultant/Therapist/Personal-Life- Health Coach
GeeZone - Massage, Health and Beauty Therapies Plus.
Articles, Information, Promotions, Advice, Products and Gifts!
Holistic and Remedial treatments, services, articles, advice, information, gifts and products available mainly within the categories of Massage (various techniques), Health (body, mind and spirit) and Beauty (a select range of services). Geezone provide an onsite massage treatment service for private, organisations and businesses.
GeeZone provide workshops on various massage, health and beauty subjects.
Geezone also distribute for Forever Living, Tianshi and Mannatech Products - Premium High Quality supplements and equipment and are affiliated with a selection of high-end, brand name and high street favourite health, body, hair and skin care companies providing effective, premium quality products and a selection of high-end manufacturers and products with great offers, specials, promos and gifts online at a excellent prices and exclusive offers to GeeZone subscribers.
The information provided on this website should not be used as a replacement for medical diagnosis, advice, or treatment. Always discuss any health problem or issues you have with your doctor or health care agent. GeeZone are happy to provide products and services which will help you to improve your health and well being, we do not aim to 'cure' any disease. Under UK law only a medical doctor may 'treat' illness and disease with a medical origin. The information on this listing is for information and educational purposes only.
GeeZone is not responsible for any information or advice given on links from our website. Again, please consult your doctor or health care agent about any medical concerns. Links are primarily provided for further information or products connected with the subject discussed on the page where link's are found.
Affiliate Disclaimer: From time to time, GeeZone will, endorse, promote or suggest services and/or products for sale. Our recommendation is ALWAYS based on our belief that the product and it's creator will provide excellent and valuable information or service based on a review of that product, our relationship with that person, and or previous positive experience with the person or company who's product I am recommending. I will be compensated with a referral commission if you decide to purchase any items from any Company after viewing their great content. Please Always do use your OWN due-diligence before making ANY purchase from ANY company.
© GeeZone/GeeZonebiz 2008