Neem - the expensive luxury brand hair oil, which uses neem leaf extract rather than neem oil, gives the same results as using straight neem oil on your hair and scalp.
Neem oil can even help with hair problems like hair loss and premature graying, where loss of hair or loss of color is caused by imbalances and health issues, rather than normal aging.
A watery extract, basically a tea made from neem leaves, is used as a rinse to prevent hair loss, and neem leaf pastes are used like conditioning packs. Those neem hair treatments soothe any irritations, prevent dryness and flaking, nourish the scalp and improve its general immunity and health. Exactly as they do for the skin on the rest of your body.
Here are the things you will need in preparing a rosemary shampoo: Rosemary plant, a large pot, a covered kettle made of glass or stainless steel, grapeseed oil, stainless strainer, glass container or jar. Making one basically involved distilling the rosemary essential oils from its leaves.
1. Either dried or fresh rosemary can be used to concoct a shampoo that can treat hair loss. All fresh herbs should be kept in a covered container and stored in a warm place.
2. Take out the Rosemary leaves and let them dry overnight in a container. Using less than dry Rosemary leaves can cause unwanted molds to grow with the oil distillate cloudy than clear.
3. Place the dried Rosemary leaves in a medium-sized kettle and add grapeseed oil to immerse al the rosemary leaves completely. Avoid using kettle made of aluminum of copper which could result in some chemical reactions with the Rosemary substances.
4. Place the medium-sized kettle inside or atop a larger pot of water. Then using a low heat setting, heat the large pot for 3 hours until the oil mix gets infused with rosemary. Don't overheat so as not to ruin the mixture by burning the oil.
5. Pour the oil mixture from the kettle to a clean container or glass jar using a kitchen strainer to strain the mix of impurities and debris. Store the mixture in a cool dark place and let it cool overnight.
6. When showering the next day, pour some of the rosemary oil and massage onto your hair, Rinse it with water and repeat as needed.
* South African Hair Mask with Honey, Olive Oil and Egg Yolk
* Hair Thickening Remedy: Scalp Massage with Beer and Olive Oil
* Sweet Rosemary Hair Rinse
* Bagel Head Conditioner: The Doctors TV Show did a segment on 5 Minute Fixes, and Dr Andrew Ordon showed some interesting Beauty Home Remedies, including this Bagel Head Conditioner Hair Remedy for shiny, silky, beautiful hair. The Drs TV Show got the recipe from Kym Douglas, author of The Beauty Cookbook: 200 Recipes to Make Your Kitchen Your Spa — for Your Face, Your Body and Your Hair, which I will definitely be reading and reviewing shortly! Why does this Bagel Hair Conditioner work? The egg yolks have vitamin a (which helps prevent dandruff), vitamin d (which helps with hair growth), vitamin e (which increases the amount of oxygen absorbed) and b vitamins (which improve your blood circulation). The fatty acids also help to improve your hair’s shine and to make it easier to manage. This Hair Home Remedy is great for people with processed hair, dandruff, psoriasis, hair loss or a flaky scalp.
Bagel Hair Conditioner Instructions:
- Mix 3/4 cup honey with 1/12 cups regular hair conditioner
- Apply to damped hair. Wrap hair in saran wrap or a plastic shower cap.
- Let sit for up to 8 hours, then rinse.
- Steep 1/2 cup of the chamomile flowers in a 6 cups of boiling water for 30 minutes
- Strain the tea, and allow to cool
- Shampoo and condition hair as normal.
- Tip head over bathtub or sink. Use a bowl underneath to catch the liquid. Pour the tea through towel-dried hair a few times.
- Leave on hair for 30 minutes, then rinse with clean water.
- With lemons, you need heat. Best to sit in the sun or wrap hair with saran wrap then apply heat with a blowdryer. But the sun does work the best
- Dilute the lemon juice with 3 parts juice, 1 part water.M ix in a spray bottle and apply to hair before sunning.
- You can also add 1 tbs of Olive oil to the mixture to combat the drying effects of the lemon juice on the hair
- Always condition after using lemon juice to lighten the hair! Lemon juice is very drying on the hair.
Africans used olive oil on both their scalps and hair to stimulate hair growth.
In the Amazon, the Taiwano Indians treated scalp problems with heated extract of bananas.
Hair loss was combated by applying a mixture of glycerin, rosemary oil, and distilled water
Home Remedy for Hair Loss - Natural Remedies and Treatments
- Consider using Amla oil on your hair and scalp for a quick and easyhome remedy for hair loss. Boil dry pieces of Amla in coconut oil and apply to the hair and scalp.
- Another effective treatment for hair loss is to grind up lime seeds and mix them with black pepper in a small amount of water. Apply to the scalp daily.
- Mix aloe vera gel with the herbal powder triphala and apply to the scalp and hair for about three to six months. This home remedy for hair loss is said to help re-grow hair and prevent any future hair loss.
- Another home remedy for hair loss is to mix coconut oil and lime juice, and to apply it to the hair daily to prevent hair loss.
- For women who are suffering from hair loss, part of the problem may be a reduction in the amount of estrogen in their body. Hormones, whether you know it or not, can greatly affect our hair growth patterns, and this fact should be considered. While there are options such as hormone replacement therapy when a woman is suffering from a reduction in their body’s estrogen level, it’s always better to seek more natural solutions to these problems.Women should consider looking into natural herbal treatments to reduce the overall effects of losing estrogen. These may or may not help to remedy hair loss, so there other very effective home remedies for hair loss that you can try.
- It has long been said that if you are losing hair, you should only wash it rarely and do so with a gentle, natural shampoo. This will help to lower the amount of hair that is lost on a daily basis. This is a simple home remedy for hair loss.
- It is also important to brush the hair as little as possible, as this can cause pulling and breaking. Another factor that can cause breaking and weakening of the hair is any kind of hair tie. If you must put your hair up, use a clip, and only for a short while.
- Give yourself a scalp massage daily after running water on it for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until your head begins to feel hot. This will stimulate good circulation and can not only prevent additional hair loss, but can also help to re-grow hair.
- Make a mixture of honey and egg yolk and rub it into the hair and scalp. Leave it in for about 30 minutes, then rinse; this is another simple home remedy for hair loss.
- A 52% improvement in the condition of very dry, damaged hair after just one use.
- A 64% improvement when left on hair overnight.
Botanical Shine Shampoo Suitable for all hair types. With West African shea butter and naturally derived cleansers, our shampoo gently cleans to leave hair soft, shiny and smooth. SLS/SLES free.
Botanical Shine Conditioner Suitable for dry or damaged hair. With West African shea butter and yangu oil, our ultra-rich, colour safe conditioner leaves dry or damaged hair hydrated, soft and smooth.
Botanical Shine Conditioner Suitable for oily hair. With black cohosh and yangu oil, our ultra-light, finely balanced colour safe conditioner leaves oily, limp or lifeless hair shiny, volumised and full of life.
Director/Consultant/Therapist/Personal-Life- Health Coach
GeeZone - Massage, Health and Beauty Therapies Plus.
Articles, Information, Promotions, Advice, Products and Gifts!
Holistic and Remedial treatments, services, articles, advice, information, gifts and products available mainly within the categories of Massage (various techniques), Health (body, mind and spirit) and Beauty (a select range of services). Geezone provide an onsite massage treatment service for private, organisations and businesses.
GeeZone provide workshops on various massage, health and beauty subjects.
Geezone also distribute for Forever Living, Tianshi and Mannatech Products - Premium High Quality supplements and equipment and are affiliated with a selection of high-end, brand name and high street favourite health, body, hair and skin care companies providing effective, premium quality products and a selection of high-end manufacturers and products with great offers, specials, promos and gifts online at a excellent prices and exclusive offers to GeeZone subscribers.
The information provided on this website should not be used as a replacement for medical diagnosis, advice, or treatment. Always discuss any health problem or issues you have with your doctor or health care agent. GeeZone are happy to provide products and services which will help you to improve your health and well being, we do not aim to 'cure' any disease. Under UK law only a medical doctor may 'treat' illness and disease with a medical origin. The information on this listing is for information and educational purposes only.
GeeZone is not responsible for any information or advice given on links from our website. Again, please consult your doctor or health care agent about any medical concerns. Links are primarily provided for further information or products connected with the subject discussed on the page where link's are found.
Affiliate Disclaimer: From time to time, GeeZone will, endorse, promote or suggest services and/or products for sale. Our recommendation is ALWAYS based on our belief that the product and it's creator will provide excellent and valuable information or service based on a review of that product, our relationship with that person, and or previous positive experience with the person or company who's product I am recommending. I will be compensated with a referral commission if you decide to purchase any items from any Company after viewing their great content. Please Always do use your OWN due-diligence before making ANY purchase from ANY company.
© GeeZone/GeeZonebiz 2008